Saturday 10 August 2013

Mascot fired for losing weight.


Lenny Berry lost his role as a Bradford City mascot after shedding 45kg. Photo: foxsports
Lenny Berry lost his role as a Bradford City mascot after shedding 45kg. Photo: foxsports
Bradford City’s mascot, 59 year old Lenny Berry has been sacked by the management of the club for losing weight.
Berry had been the city’s mascot since 1994.

‘I’m absolutely gutted. I am a grown man and this is something I have cried over. I’ve always had a good rapport with fans’ said Lenny Berry on his sack.
NET gathered he was diagnosed with diabetes in 2006 which prompted him to lose weight afterwards. But the Bradford City FC board wasn’t too pleased with his lean figure so they gave him the axe.
Despite his sack, Lenny Berry says he will still be a fan of the club. ‘I love the club. If you cut me open I’d be claret and amber. I will still be at Bradford as a season ticket holder but it is really sad’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment