Thursday 25 July 2013

Meet Tiger Woods’ Niece, Cheyenne, Sets Sights On A Successful PGA Career. Isn't She hot!


Tiger Woods’ niece Cheyenne aims to keep the family fortune in the golf course flowing by proving that her uncle is not the only family member who knows how to swing.

Born in Phoenix, Arizona, to Earl Dennison Woods Jr., Tiger’s half-brother; Cheyenne is proud to be related to the 14-time major winner and men’s number one.

But she’s intent in making a name for herself, starting by qualifying for the British Open in early August.

“It is an honour to have the last name Woods but I want to be known for my own golf,” the 23-year-old told BBC.



The American, who turned professional after graduating from Wake Forest is embarking on her first full season as part of the Ladies European Tour.

Her qualification rounds for the Open starts as St Andrews at the Ladies European Masters at Buckinghamshire Golf Club between 26-28 July.

If she fails to clinch a place at the championship, the final qualifying at Kinsbarns Golf Club on 29 July will be her only opportunity to salvage a place at next month’s Open.

As both lead busy schedules, Cheyenne sees little of her uncle but he is never far away from her thoughts.

“The one piece of advice he has always given me is to trust my ability,” she said.

“That’s been huge for me just for my confidence on the course.

“We’re both extremely busy but he keeps up with events- especially with me playing in Europe.

“He’s aware I’m out here and doing my thing on tour. Maybe if I qualify for the Open then I’ll get a tip or two from him.

“But if I ever need something I know I can always reach out to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment